Students applying to the program should complete their application by January 15* for admission in the following Fall semester. The Department does not admit new students in the Spring.
What You Need
- A letter of intent indicating why you wish to pursue an advanced degree in Sociology
- College transcript(s)
- Application form
- GRE scores (General test only)
- Three letters of recommendation/reference
- Sample of your written work
- TOEFL scores (all international students regardless of degree institution)
You do not need to complete a separate application for funding. All accepted students are automatically considered for departmental funding and outstanding students are nominated for university fellowships. Students are informed about their funding status at the time that an offer of admission is made.
* It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure that their application file is complete on or before January 15. Please call the Department of Sociology at (402) 472-3631.