Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Sociology and Ethnic Studies
The Department of Sociology and the Institute for Ethnic Studies (IES) at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln invite applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position with a focus on Latina/o immigration, as part of a cluster hire, to begin August 2018.
This position will have Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) apportionments of .60 Sociology and .40 Institute for Ethnic Studies.
- Minimum qualifications include a PhD or equivalent in Sociology or a related field and a record of achievement in scholarship.
- Ideally, candidates will have strengths in demography or health disparities and will show potential to complement the Department of Sociology teaching and research strengths in families, health, inequality, social networks, or research methods.
Applicants interested in applying their expertise to immigration in the Midwest and Great Plains are especially encouraged to apply.
- Maintaining an active program of research
- Contributing to the teaching and engagement missions of both units
We are strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. Thus, we actively encourage applicants from groups underrepresented in higher education.
Learn more about the Department of Sociology:
- Visit http://soc.unl.edu/
- Contact the department through email@example.com
- Call Lori Ratzlaff at 402-472-3631
Review of applications will begin October 16, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is committed to a pluralistic campus community through affirmative action, equal opportunity, work-life balance, and dual careers. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/noticenondiscrimination.
Applicants should go to http://employment.unl.edu and search for requisition F_170075.
Click "Apply for this Job" and complete the Faculty/Academic Administrative Form.
Attach the following:
- a cover letter addressed to Prof. Regina Werum, Search Committee Chair, with a detailed description of how your research and teaching interests match the job description and department needs
- curriculum vitae
- research and teaching statements
- a sample publication
You may need to combine documents when uploading. You will also need to have three references send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Prof. Regina Werum.